Monday, July 21, 2008

experience is the best teacher

so it looks like i am going to Nigeria in a month's time. as of now my tentative departure is on the 6th of September, but it may be moved to the 30th of August. i will be there for on-site support to one of the company's upstream businesses. i will be there for 28 days, then be back here for 28 days again. after that i'll be returning to Nigeria for another 28 days. this rotation will happen three consecutive times. my partner, who is about a year old in the company, will be joining me. so this'll probably be part of my training, or rather the culmination of it. experience is, after all, the greatest teacher.

this is really a great opportunity for me. but two things scare me: (1) i will be coming straight off my training. as in my training will start july 31 and end September 5. and the training could also be cut short to last until August 29 only so that i could leave on the 30th. (2) i've been hearing strange things about Nigeria. well, you can look it up for yourself. but i guess the company won't send its employees to unsafe regions. especially if 'safety' is our number one priority.

oh well, come what may. if anything, i'll learn a lot about so many things on this trip. and since i'll be going there three times, i'll have the opportunity to adjust and better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment