Thursday, August 7, 2008

the last ream project

i'm proud of this. haha. i just bought my last ream of cigarettes this morning. my last ten packs of marlboro lights. my last two hundred sticks of nicotine and tar. and then after that, it's over. no more cigarettes for me. yay! haha

i found out that i can substitute two things for my nicotine cravings. one would be going to the gym. lately, after hitting the gym, i found myself not wanting to light up before going home. especially after i realized that i was having a hard time breathing through 15 minutes of running on the treadmill. my legs are saying go, but my lungs are saying stop. the second substitute i found was tictacs. yep, the mint candy. sure i could pretend that these were nicotine gums/candy, but the extra strong mint flavor leaves me wanting more. i don't know if there are bad side effects of taking too many tictacs, so please inform me if there are.

anyway, i formally started "The Last Ream Project" a while ago by lighting up cigarette number 1 before going home. so i have 199 left. is it wrong that i'm getting excited to light cigarette number 200? hahaha.

wish me luck so i can finally quit smoking. =)

5 comments:

  1. Chux, was this the blog you created on your bday? anyway, i support you all the way to the max bsta stop smoking!! haha its good for you, me, the environment and etc haha everybody!! so go go go!! kaya mo yan!! :)

    > Im Anonymous Jo :L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Glad to have witnessed the actual (and literal) opening of the last ream project! One day I will be very proud to post that picture... hahaha.

    Let's go gym buddy!!! Wahaha. Hatakan ito, walang iwanan! Nice to know it helps you quit smoking. (Bakit ako, 10 minutes pa lang... my legs say stop na? Hahaha maybe I should stick to walking. Ang loser ko talaga. Hehe.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. chuuuuuuux! good luck sa last ream project! gusto ko ikaw yung first person na kilala ko na successful ang pagquit sa yosi. para astig! :P

    siguro isang bad side effect ng tictacs ang increase sa sugar intake? hence, diabetes? hahaha

    -kez :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Chuuuux! Here to support you all the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete