Monday, February 22, 2010

shooting digital blanks

for writers, or at least the few that i know, coming up with the right title is the hardest part of all. it has to be relevant, it has to capture everything you wrote, and it should at least be a little creative. i once had a photoblog called "shooting digital blanks", and sadly, it was exactly that: blanks. i think i only published 3 posts there, and simply just lost interest.

that's the thing with me: i usually take interest in something and really get into it.. but then for some reason, i just put it down and do something else. whether it be video publishing/editing, photography, business, cars, writing, and READING for that matter--i always end up losing interest and just leaving it cold turkey. from that i learned three beautiful things: (1) i cannot sustain a long commitment, (2) i'm really an art person (artsy fartsy is the term, i think) and (3) i may possibly have ADHD. but more on the first lesson.. since that's the one that really matters. i don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but i cannot fully commit to something and just pursue it. if i don't find any reason to leave it alone, i simply lose interest and find something else to do.

this is my 7th personal weblog, for those of you who are counting (?). and this time i intend to keep it. thanks to blogger's import/export tool, i was able to transfer my old writings from my old blogger. so now it's just a matter of finding a way to export my Multiply posts and get 'em in here. someone know how?

anyway.. after a year and some months from my last post, here i am again. hopefully (crossed fingers) this last weblog of mine--named appropriately DIGITAL BLANKS--is about everything and nothing. it's not too specific to restrict my writing, and hopefully it encapsulates all of the things i'll be putting in here.

so sorry for the emo posts from years past, btw. :)

2 comments:

  1. keep this! if I write as good as you, I would've created and maintained my own blog hehehe

    ReplyDelete